FWD: Negotiating for salary and enhancers

Subject: FWD: Negotiating for salary and enhancers
From: TECHWR-L Administrator <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 06:05:25 -0700

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
This message was forwarded anonymously on request. Please
reply on TECHWR-L to ensure that the original poster sees the
response. Responses will not be forwarded to the original poster.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

It's entirely possible I'll be offered a staff position after having
been working agency contract assignments for the last dozen years or so.
I've already been told that the salary range is well below what I make
as a contractor but it's close to what I'd want if I can get them to
come up with some enhancers (I will probably be showing them the STC
2005 salary survey as well as the STC/BLS 2006 salary survey to see if I
can't get them to up the ante a bit).

They've already told me that after a short period, I'd have the freedom
to work from home most of the time. That's a big incentive for me
compared to the 30- to 50-mile one-way commute I've had for most of my
recent assignments.

So what I'm looking for are pointers regarding bringing up and
negotiating some of the other potential enhancers:

* signing bonus
* additional vacation time
* a real office with a door instead of just a cubicle
* STC membership and conference attendance (registration, travel and
expenses)

When do I bring these things up? What are some good ways to actually
bring them up? When is the right time to give up pushing for one or more
of them? Are there any other enhancers I might have missed that I might
want to throw into the mix?

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList