RE: terminology that swings both ways

Subject: RE: terminology that swings both ways
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Jay Maechtlen" <techwriter -at- covad -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:51:08 -0500

Actually, it's hardware. The software (from us) is just libraries on the
Client computer (which is only a Client toward us, but is a Server
toward the farflung clients that they serve...) to allow the Client to
work with our hardware (which is a Server as far as they're concerned).

I've decided to re-cast as much as possible and to preface the terms
"Server" and "Client" with the phrase "when acting as", if the
customer's computer is being discussed.

If I seem to be giving short shrift to people who have chimed in with
help, it's because I seem to be stuck in "Moderated" status for this
list, and you kind and helpful folks are receiving my messages with
considerable delay... delay during which I had time to get more
frustrated, then go work on something else, then come back and look at
my problem with fresh eyes.
Now, y'all will probably not receive _this_ message until Saturday.

Cheers,

Kevin

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList