Re: STC Salary data collection

Subject: Re: STC Salary data collection
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, "John Rosberg" <jrosberg -at- interwoven -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:31:40 -0800

My experience as a hiring manager has been that the old
STC salary survey was useful ammo in the fight for higher
tech writer salaries because most HR drones and corporate
upper management bean-counters have never even heard of
STC, much less known enough about the sources of the
survey data to believe that members inflated the figures
they provided. I wonder who STC talked about to gauge
the credibility of the survey. I just checked with a couple
of other pubs managers I know, and nobody asked them
either.

Gene Kim-Eng