RE: How do you "set" this term?

Subject: RE: How do you "set" this term?
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: "'Butler, Darren J Ctr 584 CBSS/GBHAC'" <Darren -dot- Butler -dot- ctr -at- Robins -dot- af -dot- mil>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:38:15 -0800

Darren,

The suggestions that you've received so far are accurate, but I think you
should pick a convention for the adjective and noun form of "setup" or
"set-up" and use the convention "set up" for the verb form. Now all you
need to do is determine whether term in a particular case is a noun,
adjective, or verb. You may need to follow that with a determination of
whether the term is being properly used.

My guess, since the term "is rendered differently (all over the map!)," is
that you are dealing with a noun or adjective that is part of the system
terminology and nobody really considered its correct form. Set up the rule
for the setup of the term and tell everyone else what it is. :)

Lauren