Workflow for a release

Subject: Workflow for a release
From: "Zen C" <zenizenc -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:57:31 -0400

Hi,

I am working on release note and have been working on it for two weeks.
While everything is finalized, sent to the responsible parties and suppose
to go out on Friday they come up with 6 new changes that I have to add to
the release notes and incorporate to the help. This has been the case for
the last 3 release I did and luckily this time my boss took her stand and
said that we need a cut off date for future releases. I am the only tech
writer for the company so everything else is on hold as I am editing the
documents a million times cos of all the GUI changes and new items they are
bringing in.

Does anyone one have a good work flow they follow, or a rough idea on what
the best cut off dates are. I know it depends on the company and a lot of
other factors, but it will be great if I can get some idea to suggest
something feasible.

Have a great day!

Zen.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList