Re: How many levels of indents and heads are reasonable?

Subject: Re: How many levels of indents and heads are reasonable?
From: <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: "Butler, Darren J Ctr 584 CBSS/GBHAC" <Darren -dot- Butler -dot- ctr -at- Robins -dot- af -dot- mil>, "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:57:20 -0400

I agree, only more so. I think that a limit of three levels is better.
When you hit that fourth level, YOU may be able to keep in mind where
you are, but your reader cannot. The material needs to be restructured.
Perhaps a whole new chapter or eight are needed.

The only exception is when the documentation is "shelfware". If you can
be nearly completely sure that no one is ever going to read the stuff,
and its sole purpose is to fulfill a pointy-haired requirement, then
all you need do is have it appear to meet standards.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList