RE: Grafix applications for Text Jockeys (was: IsoView for IETMs &CBTs)

Subject: RE: Grafix applications for Text Jockeys (was: IsoView for IETMs &CBTs)
From: "Butler, Darren J Ctr 584 CBSS/GBHAC" <Darren -dot- Butler -dot- ctr -at- Robins -dot- af -dot- mil>
To: "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:46:19 -0400

I'm sure more of you are about to suggest the same thing:

<Off-list, Paul Hanson wisely pointed out t> To me, it doesn't make
sense to have the illustrations being edited by more than one person,
especially if doing so requires the TW dept to learn a new app.

I agree Paul -- and that's normally how things run around here, but due
to workload, staffing, time and other issues it will be more efficient
to have the TW do the "little fixes" instead of being put back into the
illustration queue where a 20-minute correction could languish for days
before it gets to an art person's work folder. That 20-minute correction
could then sit for another day or two until it is worked on, then it
goes back into the QA stream......

We only want a grafix guru to create the initial illustrations and
perform the major corrections/updates so we don't nickel-n-dime the
Illustrators to death.

Besides, the TW depot doesn't mind the resume enhancement -- no, not at
all ;~).

However, we want to lower the learning curve if that is possible -
probably not, but I thought I'd ask.

Blessings,

Darren

Darren J. Butler

Sr. Technical Writer-Editor, Template Wrangler, Mil-Spec Pharisee

Integrated Data for Maintenance

NG Corp