Re: RoboHelp Question

Subject: Re: RoboHelp Question
From: "Khizran Kaleem" <khizran -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:49:09 +0500

"Also does any one customize the window or do you use the default window?"

Hi Zen.

RoboHelp does not provide much functionality for help window
customization. If I need to put in a customized pop-up I add a small code to
the source code for a particular page and then compile the help.

To customize the main help window and make changes to the panes displayed, I
usually add modifications to the .js files in the compiled help folder. In
this case you need to make sure that you save a copy of these modified files
to some other location on your machine. Every time you compile the help, the
files will be replaced with the new ones and you will have to add your
customized files again to the compiled help folder.

If you need specific or more detailed information, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Khizran