RSI, Dragon Naturally Speaking, FrameMaker, and cubicles

Subject: RSI, Dragon Naturally Speaking, FrameMaker, and cubicles
From: "Stansbury, Stan" <SBS -at- dolby -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:28:26 -0700

So for years I've been struggling with RSI, and at the moment it's
winning. I'm now contemplating some kind of voice-activated software.
The one you hear the most about is this Dragon Naturally Speaking.

Does anyone out there actually use it? Are you able to really be
productive with it? Does it work with FrameMaker? Can you use a drawing
program with it? Our work area is open cubicles. Do you have to talk
loudly to it, or could I speak softly enough not to disturb folks on the
other side of the cubicle walls?

There are probably lots of other questions I'm not knowledgeable enough
to ask. If you've got any experience with Dragon or anything else along
that line, I'd love to hear from you.

TIA for your advice.

Stan Stansbury

information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you
are not the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are
not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or
taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList