RE: Spell-checking text entered in MS Word forms?

Subject: RE: Spell-checking text entered in MS Word forms?
From: "Steve Cavanaugh" <scavanaugh -at- nat-seattle -dot- com>
To: "DonaLuisa" <DonaLuisa_nwr -at- comcast -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:32:03 -0700

Word Form fields were seriously flawed up to version 2000, and may still
be. I stopped using them when I spent a lot of time developing a form,
then discovered that unlocking and re-locking the form could clear the
data already entered. Worse, if you build the form and save as a
template, then populate many such forms based on that template, if you
unlock the template and relock it, you can erase all of the data in
EVERY form based on that one. MS assured me this was a design feature
(right) and that the form fields were working as designed. Better to
stick with a table.

Steve Cavanaugh
Sr. Technical Writer
NAT Seattle Inc.