Spell-checking text entered in MS Word forms?

Subject: Spell-checking text entered in MS Word forms?
From: DonaLuisa_nwr -at- comcast -dot- net (DonaLuisa)
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 19:24:57 +0000

I created what I thought might be a nifty little MS Word template (Windows XP Wod 2003) using the Forms toolbar. One item has a dropdown selection. I protected the form using the padlock icon.

When users in my organization enter text into the form fields, they are unable to spell-check their text, or edit what they have entered. So far, I've instructed them to unprotect the form to make changes. Now I'm probably going to remove the form functionality, and simply enter text fields into a *.dot file. I'll turn the dropdown into a checkbox field.

But am I missing something? Is there a way users can use spell-check and edi entries in a protected form?
-Donna

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList