Re: Employment question

Subject: Re: Employment question
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:42:57 -0400

I have tried to keep out of this thread...except a lame attempt to lighten
it up yesterday. Anyway I have to say, it would not have necessarily been
the person's political views that would have bothered me, but the fact that
they were so upfront, and it almost sounded confrontational about them, in
an interview setting. Granted it was an "informal lunch", but as others have
said...it should still be considered an interview of sorts.

To be honest, that would have set a red flag up my flagpole concerning how
they would interact a few months down the line, when they are more
comfortable and at home in the office. It does sound like there could be a
great potential for conflict and making everyone else feel ill at ease.

Just my 2 cents..if it is worth even that! :)

Melissa