RE: Writing structured content

Subject: RE: Writing structured content
From: "Turner, Katherine" <kturner -at- Metastorm -dot- com>
To: "Gordon McLean" <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:21:31 +0100

Hi Gordon,

You could try the Institute of IT Training www.iitt.org.uk and
www.trainingfoundation.com

Hope this helps.

Katherine

Katherine Turner
Technical Author
-----------------------------------
The opinions expressed are strictly my
own and not necessarily those of
my employer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon McLean
Sent: 20 June 2007 11:12
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Subject: Writing structured content

As a step towards taking the 'single source' plunge, I'm looking to
locate a training course on how to write for such a solution. I've seen
these referred to as "structured writing" and "writing for single
source" in the past, but my google-fu is failing me.

Does anyone know of any such training courses being run in the UK?

Basically looking to migrate the team from a document-centric writing
view to a component-centric writing view, and whilst I can take a good
stab at what that involves myself, I think we'd benefit from some formal
training to help re-enforce some of the ideas.

Anyone?

Gordon McLean

Publications Team
Tel: 01415334164