Re: This too is technical communication

Subject: Re: This too is technical communication
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: Caroline Tabach <caroline -dot- tabach -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:10:03 -0700

Caroline Tabach wrote:
> Another difference (or reason) in my opninion is that many companies
> (ours for instance) are not longer actully printings books
> This means they are no longer spending a lot of money printing .

Yes, and the same has to be said for having writers without editors,
designers, and so on.

> So if
> there is a mistake, no problem, edit the html page again tommorow
> Tthe main thing is to get something out the door for that certain
> customer and well, we can generate a new and hopefully better PDF
> tommorow

This rhetorical question that begs to be asked: Given a choice, would
you choose to work as an old fashioned tech writer or a contemporary
one? I guess you could frame this as a blue tech writer (old fashioned)
or red (contemporary).