Re: This too is technical communication

Subject: Re: This too is technical communication
From: "Connie Giordano" <connie -at- therightwordz -dot- com>
To: "Troy Klukewich" <tklukewich -at- sbcglobal -dot- net>, "" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:43:04 -0500

You make some good points particularly with regard to architecture structure and findability... frankly I'm surprised by how little movement there is in the technical writing community towards embracing information architecture and knowledge management disciplines. Yes, lots of people argue that they're buzzwords and passing fads, but I get just as many hits on IA as I do TW, and the money's way better. Probably because they are focused more strategically rather than tactically. In fact my title on my current gig is "Documentation/Knowledge Manager". I think the title is there just so it can cover a multitude of sins ;-)

Connie P. Giordano
The Right Words
Communications & Information Design
(704) 957-8450 (cell)

www.therightwords.com
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney