Re: looking for a term

Subject: Re: looking for a term
From: "Caroline Tabach" <caroline -dot- tabach -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:53:09 +0300

Hi,
I sent this last week,
but no one answered.
Maybe you do have an idea after all, as I was asked about this again today

I am looking for a name for a book and for functionality of part of a system.
Our software produces a whole lot of reports.
In the system they are going to be arranged by logical groups showing
the commong "workflows" i.e how the typical user will use these
reports. At the moment the "inside" name for these groups are
"workflows"

We bascially are writing a document explaing how to use the reports
which describes these workflows.
"e.g.. if you are intested in part x of the network, first run the z
report, to drill down and see more details about the y field run the b
report which tells you all about......

to find more details about ..... you will need to run the n report."

R&D and product managers are looking for a name for all of this
instead of Workflows.
I am looking for a name for the user guide describing this. I was
thinking of "Using the xxx reports", or "Getting the most out of the
xxx Reports", but is there a standard name for such a book (use
cases?)? I will also need a word other than Workflows to explain how
the reports are displayed in the application (as I am sure you have
noticed, once they begin using a word internally in R&D, it seems hard
to get used to another word).

> Thanks

Caroline Tabach
Technical Writer
e-mail: caroline -dot- tabach -at- gmail -dot- com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList