RE: does quality matter? should it?

Subject: RE: does quality matter? should it?
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:29:42 -0400

I am really lucky in my current position. My boss feels that the
documentation is as important as the product. The developers do not
necessarily agree with him, but he believes it and that is what matters. I
think it is important to feel valued. That does not mean I want every
document I produce to have a gold star and an A on it...but that value helps
me to produce much better documentation.

I worked at a place where no one valued the documentation and once that
started to rub off on me...I didn't value the documentation either and I
left. I guess the main thing to do in your situation is to find ways to keep
the documentation team valuing the documentation. If you value it and
produce documentation that makes you feel good, that will help fight off the
lousy attitude. If documentation is a frill, make it one heck of a frill!

Keep your chin up!

Melissa