uNSEEN PROBLEMS

Subject: uNSEEN PROBLEMS
From: Joanne Wittenbrook <jwittenbrook -at- ameritech -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 18:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

>>>I told her, gently, because you MEET every deadline, no matter how
ridiculous. You have to at least allow to project to appear to crash
and burn. Before you rescue it, of course.

Always painful but sometimes necessary. Not surprisingly, she won't do
>>>it. She tackles every impossible project with guns blazing, killing herself

I've have a friend like that. They have to be getting something out of it. I suspect there is a bit of Co-dependence in her personality.
The need to come to the rescue again and again with no recognition. Then always being disappointed when she gets no reward for her gargantuan efforts.

Every job she has had has been like that and I can't help but wonder if she gets some satisfaction from being a martyr. She has no lack of skill, education or talent. She just picks crappy jobs, then sticks with them, knocks herself, complains about never getting decent money or recognition, until she is burnt out and quits. And then takes the first thing that comes along because now she has a "spotty work record" and feels she has to "prove" herself. And the beat goes on...

The problem isn't male bosses, it is not being able to communicate your situation effectively. If that fails, you have to be willing to make a move.

Joanne

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList