RE: Simply

Subject: RE: Simply
From: "Keith Hansen" <KRH -at- weiland-wfg -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 09:59:01 -0500

Of course, word choice can affect the user's perception of the product.
For example, in a software guide, I came across a sentence that read
"When you run into problems..."

WHEN?! Makes it sound like a foregone conclusion: it WILL happen.
("Users, you are all doomed!") Surely it would have been better to say
"If you encounter difficulties ..." (or something to that effect).

At any rate, that one word undermined my confidence...

Keith