RE: Corporate email for list accounts? Plus, two free tools youmay find useful.

Subject: RE: Corporate email for list accounts? Plus, two free tools youmay find useful.
From: "Evans, Diane L (Rosetta)" <diane_evans -at- merck -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:24:03 -0700

>Care to share the rules, if you have a fixed set that work reliably and
well for you?

I have a mailbox for "Mailing Lists" with several subfolders. I also
have a couple at the top of my inbox for my "frequent flyers."

For example, one rule is "Apply this rule after the message arrives with
stop processing more rules."

The a- at the beginning of the folder name ensures that it stays visible
at the top of the mailboxes. Moving it immediately to this folder and
stopping the processing of other rules keeps the message indicator (did
you know that the Microsoft Office Team calls it "toast"?) from popping
up. So, periodically I go to the folder and see if there is anything
interesting going on in the list. If there is a thread that I am sick
and tired of (usually, any good information comes within an hour of the
original post) then I sort by subject and permanently discard
(shift+delete) those messages.

Diane Evans
Requirements Analyst
ASQ CSQE
Rosetta Inpharmatics
206-802-6560

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
delete it from your system.