RE: Seybold Seminars

Subject: RE: Seybold Seminars
From: Kevin McLauchlan <kmclauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:32:04 -0500

Cloy Tobola just _had_ to go and say:

> What other conferences are people attending these days? (I'm
> looking at
> the STC conference in May in Minneapolis -- I'm fairly close.)

Minneapolis? In May? Sheesh. Might as well have it in Ottawa
for all the (weather-related) good it'll do.

Mind you, it'll be just out of Winter season, and not quite
into bug season, so I suppose...

What about Phoenix or San Diego, in January or February, so
at least some of us can get away from chill and or wet?

Any venues on Antigua? Just not in hurricane season, thanks.

So what if there aren't big enough halls. We use the outdoor
PA system that the hotel uses for party music at night, and
we all sit on the sand. Presenter knows when to stop when
the incoming tide starts to wash away the first few audience
members. If the projector can't compete with the bright
warm sun reflected off the pale sandy beach... so what? :-)

Kevin