RE: fa-ce-tious adj. 1 Straining to be funny, esp. inappropriately

Subject: RE: fa-ce-tious adj. 1 Straining to be funny, esp. inappropriately
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:37:12 -0500

Well, since neither Laura nor I am a 18- to 24-year-old male, we don't
really know how most of them would react. But I assume that, like most
users:

* They'd rather not read a manual.
* They'll read a manual only if they want to do something and they can't
figure out how.
* If they want to learn how to do something, they want to be told as
quickly and clearly as possible.
* In this case, more "cute" means more words (as Laura pointed out) and
less clarity.

And since you brought up Halo, I looked at some user-created Web sites
for Halo Easter eggs, tips & tricks, etc. Most of them were all
business, no cuteness.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.