RE: Short Word table problem

Subject: RE: Short Word table problem
From: "Allan Ackerson" <alackerson -at- msn -dot- com>
To: maker -at- verizon -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:45:53 -0700

"Keep with next" works with table cells, too. If your table is four rows and one rolls to the next page, then marking the first three "keep with next" will glue them together and roll them to the next page.

Cheers!
Al

From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Subject: Short Word table problem
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:33:38 -0600 (CST)

Please note: This does NOT have to do with the "Allow row to break across pages" command in the row tab of the Table Properties window. That option will not solve this problem.

OK, read on:

I have a document that uses a lot of tables. Because some of the data messages it documents are short, some tables have only 3 or 4 rows.

Therefore, some pages contain several tables, and the final table may split with, say, one row at the bottom of one page and three at the top of the following page. I would prefer to keep these short tables intact and have them jump to the top of the following page.

In other words, I'm looking for widow and orphan control for table rows. The "allow row to break across pages" option simply controls whether a deep row is permitted to break. It doesn't control whether Word breaks a table *between* rows, which is what I'm trying to prevent.

As always, I'm trying to avoid putting in manual page breaks. I can select "Keep with next" for the preceding paragraphs, but I can't control Word's splitting the table.

Unless I can, because one of you Word gurus out there knows what I should do. Any suggestions?

--Nancy

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as alackerson -at- msn -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/alackerson%40msn.com