FW: Any comments on Word 2007?

Subject: FW: Any comments on Word 2007?
From: "Chris McQueen" <chrism -at- docutechcorp -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:45:40 -0700

You can have both installed. I'm running Word 2003 & 2007 together and
only face minor issues. Namely, if I click a Word document the version
of Word last used opens the document. There is no default between the
two. So, I try to open up everything in 2007 and keep 2003 around just
in case.

I really like it. It is a little slow to launch, but I think that has
to do with the fact I have two versions installed. The features that
attracted me are the .pdf export, which you can add by installing a free
plug-in from the Microsoft's website. The XML support, but I haven't
gotten it to work yet. I also was attracted by the new interface. I
know Word 2003 very well and haven't been too lost yet in the new ribbon
interface. I seem to be able to find everything on at least the second
try, if not the first. For me, it's intuitive.

So, I like it. Give it a try. It really isn't much of a change and
there are some nice 'feel good' features. It has this thing called
'live preview' where you mouse over style sets and they are displayed
for your document. You can create headers and footers much more easily,
and creating a form is easier to produce and share (granted you have to
use the .docx format).

Good luck,

- Chris McQueen