RE: Translations

Subject: RE: Translations
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mabr -at- flir -dot- se>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:39:31 +0100

Bryan,

As many of the others have responded - be very careful with machine
translations.

Even for Caterpillar, who has always been on the forefront of
translation & documentation technologies and invested $$$$ in developing
a controlled source language and embarked on various research projects
with Carnegie Mellon University, post-editing is necessary.

http://www.lti.cs.cmu.edu/Research/Kant/

http://www.lti.cs.cmu.edu/Research/Kant/kantoo-overview.html

Best regards,
Mats Broberg