Re: FrameMaker List of Tables

Subject: Re: FrameMaker List of Tables
From: Thomas Neuburger <thomasn -at- twelfthnight -dot- com>
To: <twbiz -at- cox -dot- net>,Framers List <framers -at- omsys -dot- com>, TechWr-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:26:44 -0800

Hi Pam,

If the tables are all in the same flow, the LOT *should* present the tables in order of appearance in the flow.

Is there something funny about the flows, like maybe a separate flow for a sidebar (which contains a table), or tables nested within each other? More info may be needed. In the simplest (and most common) case -- one flow per document file, no nested tables, etc. -- I've never seen that error.

If the error is truly spurious:

Frame/Windows may need rebooting.
OR you may need to save the file with the tables
as MIF and reopen it. Then regenerate.

Best,

Thomas Neuburger

twbiz -at- cox -dot- net wrote:

Hey, guys,
My generated List of Tables (LOT) in FrameMaker is all good until it encounters more than one table on a page, then the sort order goes whacko:
Table 2-9 Gigabit Ethernet Mode Selection 33
Table 2-11 PCI DLL Selection 34
Table 2-10 Boot Device Width Selection 34
Table 2-12 Multi-purpose Pin Configuration 36

This occurs in multiple places in the LOT. I've searched archives for two days, as well as many Web sites, including Adobe, and come up with nothing to explain this bizarre behavior. I have investigated (and experimented with) the numbering set up in the chapters and the book to no avail. My List of Figures, which also contains a few instances of two figures on a single page, does not have this issue with sorting.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Pam