RE: Hello?

Subject: RE: Hello?
From: "James Barrow" <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 09:23:32 -0800

>David Farbey [mailto:david -at- farbey -dot- co -dot- uk] wrote:
>>Jim Barrow [mailto:vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net] said:
>>
>>Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.
>
>Let me make this absolutely clear - not only is this not Kansas, this is
>not techwr-l either, and in fact it is completely unlike any other
vaguely->tw-related list I know of.

The brochure said that there would be cake and punch.

>The usual analogy is that if techwr-l is a serious conference, this is the
>bar. Take a deep breath, pull up a stool, pour yourself a drink and relax.

I have to pour my own drink?

>You are very welcome here, as are the other new "faces" who have de-lurked
>in the last few days (Hi Diane! Hi Dan G!).

Thank you. What about the cake?

>You could look at the list web site to find out about the regulars (there's
>a link in the footer of every mail).

I checked out everyone's bio on the website. Interesting bunch.

>Or you could just stick around for a few days, and you'll soon find out who
>you should ignore.

I think everything will be fine, just fine. Fine. As long as no one uses
the word "asparagus" - that word really sets me off. Uh-oh.

- Jim