Non-English tech writer

Subject: Non-English tech writer
From: "Humphries, Ola" <Ola -dot- Humphries -at- Energy -dot- Sungard -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:43:58 -0600

We have hired an Indian tech writer to help out with our offshoring work. He
is headquartered in India. His English is not standard, to say the least.
Has anyone experience with bringing a foreigner's writing skills up to
levels where it could be published the same as a native speaker's? Of
course, there was Joseph Conrad, but I'm thinking about just a normal person
who has reached the age of 25. We just want to be able to use his work
without a lot of editing.

He has a Master's in English from an Indian university and is intelligent,
well-read, and certainly well educated in other ways.

Ola Humphries * Technical Writer * SunGard * Energy Solutions * 1221 Lamar,
Suite 950, Houston, TX, 77010 *
Tel Office 713-210-8291 * Home 713-864-1553 * Fax 713-210-8004 *
<http://www.sungard.com/energy> www.sungard.com/energy