Re: 3D in PDF files

Subject: Re: 3D in PDF files
From: Shlomo Perets <shlomo2 -at- microtype -dot- com>
To: abilash ansari <ansari_hyd -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:40:43 +0200

Abilash,

You wrote:

I was asked to insert a PPT , Excel file ( as objects) in word and then send it across to my bosses. On doing so.. the documents became too big to be send via mail.

Can I convert the document along with object ( PPT, excel. 3D maps) and send it across...in PDFformat while i retain the object embeded... and if possible what tools do i need to do the same.

You can convert the Word document to PDF, and then add the PPT and Excel files to the PDF as an attachment.

You can attach a file as a comment (Acro7: Comments > Commenting Tools > Attach a File as a Comment) or as a document-level attachment (Acro7: Attachments tab, Options > Add Attachment).

A sample PDF with files attach both ways is available at:
http://www.microtype.com/showcase/EmbedFiles.pdf
With Acrobat/Reader, the comment icon or attachment item in the list can be right-clicked and saved back as the original files.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants