Re: Interviewing Strategies

Subject: Re: Interviewing Strategies
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 07:18:50 -0500

James Barrow wrote:

Elizabeth J Allen wrote:

A recruiter told me to ask at the end of the interview "Is there anything
you can think of that would prevent me from moving forward in this
position?" This accomplishes two things rather nicely:
- it indicates a serious interest in the position and
- identifies potential stumbling blocks *while there is still time to do something about them*

This is my personal favorite. If the interview was positive up to this
point, this question leads the interviewer to a positive response. It keeps
things moving forward.

It's also a way to ask to the job without saying "Gimme da job" and it goes along with what John, Gene, I, and others have said all along.

Al

--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty.""
Theodore Roosevelt