RE: FRIDAY FUN: Snow day!

Subject: RE: FRIDAY FUN: Snow day!
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 15:12:09 -0500

Still raining here, so I'll stop at Wallyworld on the way home for a few
bags of pellets. Groceries are already laid in for the next month.

Temps are supposed to drop horribly tomorrow and dump some snow with 60 MPH
winds. Tonight I'm stapling cardboard over the barn windows and locking all
of the barn doors. After a quick trip to the barn to deliver warm water and
grain with molasses and sunflower seeds and hay, I've promised myself that
I'm going to get my website update finished!

A neighbor is coming tomorrow afternoon to help with some housecleaning, and
a friend is scheduled to drop in for supper.

If things freeze up well and the winds diminish, on Sunday I'll load the
packsaddles onto the goats and we'll go out into the waterlogged
wildcrafting field to haul in wood for our Yule bonfire. We might have to
wait until next weekend for this trip -- none of us enjoy wet feet.

The new "animal care relief helper" is supposed to come over in the
afternoon to learn the routine so he can cover for me when I visit our
Canadian plants overnight.

Oh, you meant days when I'm supposed to go to work!

Love that flash drive. Backups every night, and my database and documents
are all in my pocket if I can't get in to the office.

Dori Green