Re: FRIDAY FUN: Snow day!

Subject: Re: FRIDAY FUN: Snow day!
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:21:54 -0500

Faith Walls wrote:

... what do you all do on snow days? (And for those in warmer
climates, don't rub it in by saying "laugh at those silly folks living where
it's cold!")

I live 18 years in interior Alaska...we didn't have "snow" days, we had "to damn cold to get the car started days." However, I now live in Vermont, where we can have snow days. I've found the same cure for both....a fire in the wood stove (or fireplace), a laptop or my journal, and copious amounts of either Irish coffee or good beer...unless, of course, I took the dogs out for some skijoring. In that case, you saved it for when you got back to take the pain away from all the newly sore muscles.

Al

--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty.""
Theodore Roosevelt