RE: Opportunities in Technical Writing

Subject: RE: Opportunities in Technical Writing
From: Beth Agnew <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:02:28 -0800

That's my favorite response when the question "What are your salary
expectations?" comes up in an interview or negotiation. "I am looking for
great people to work with, interesting and meaningful work where I can make
a significant contribution, and the opportunity to grow. While salary is
important, money is not the only consideration."

If I really want the job I tell them that I don't intend for money to be the
deal-breaker on this.

The times I made in excess of 100K I really earned it. It's more fun working
for less money, and actually doing less work sometimes.