RE: Quick Start Guide

Subject: RE: Quick Start Guide
From: "Rick Bishop" <rickbishop -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:43:08 -0600

Paul: Thanks for making me smile. In fact, the spelling came from
marketing, but was used only in other non-shipped documentation that
referred to the Qwik-Start Guide, and was not printed anywhere on the guide
itself.
I might mention that not one of the recipients was a tech-whirler and
that it was so well received that I've been asked to include similar
Qwik-Start Guides with other products. We do well to remember that we work
for the customer, not for our own personal sensibilities. It's the result
that matters, not our opinions. Tech-writers (like me) are well known for
our nit-picking when it comes to the language.
Rick

_____