Re: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and Similar

Subject: Re: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and Similar
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Richard Lewis" <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:50:33 -0800

Just to clarify, is this what you're referring to?

http://www.quintcareers.com/sample_behavioral.html

This is basically what I meant way back in the thread when
I said I "talk to" candidates. Usually I don't say, "give me
an example of when you..." but rather tell them about certain
real situations that actually do happen in our working
environment and ask the candidate for thoughts on how he
or she might handle them if they were encountered. I
find that talking about what's really going on is better than
hypotheticals because the candidate and I both come away
from the talk with an idea of what life might be like for us
if the candidate joins the company. It also provides me with
specific action points to evaluate new employees (i.e.,
whether they actually follow through on how they said they'd
handle the situations).

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Lewis" <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>