RE: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and Similar

Subject: RE: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and Similar
From: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:48:52 -0800

In the writing test instructions, I suggest maybe headings might help
organize the info, how perhaps bullets or numbered steps might be useful as
a way to organize the text. The text is pretty simple and lends itself
easily to these devices. I just want to see if the ideas of logical
organization occur to you.

In our environment, I'm looking for super stars that automatically think
about these devices if they have 4 days to help a "fix" manual for a product
they have never seen before. It may be all the time we have. Our products
are also very complex and I can't spend the time teaching you to think - I
need to see that you can logically think before I hire you. I see way too
many "senior" writers who can't logically think and are also slow writers.
In my particular group at this moment in time, I need fast writers who grasp
technology fast and develop logically organized docs.

Will I always need these kinds of writers? Maybe not. But I have the
workload for 2x what I have right now and we don't have time to hold your
hand much. I wish it were different but it's not. Not everyone can work in
our current environment and I know that.

sharon

Sharon Burton
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
951-369-8590