Re: Email harvesting from the list

Subject: Re: Email harvesting from the list
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:24:50 -0500

Martinek, Carla wrote:

I received the following email. Note that "Larry Salas" states he saw
my query on this list. I don't think I've posted a query in quite a
while.

[snip]

From: Salas, Larry [mailto:LarrySalas -at- comsys -dot- com] Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 12:48 PM
To: Martinek, Carla
Subject: FW: techcommpros.com

[snip]

Carla,

It appears from the subject that, even though the guy _said_ it was in response to your post on techwr-l, it probably has something to do with the other list.

With respect to your request that our email addresses be further obscured on the site, the downside is that some of us might actually want people to be able to decipher our email addresses and get in touch with us.

I think that if there is any harvesting going on from techwr-l, it might have to do with the currently defunct public mirror on bit.listserv. But as that is no longer functional, there is a pretty low likelihood of anyone doing any harvesting of addresses from techwr-l, I think.

Dick