RE: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 13, Issue 7

Subject: RE: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 13, Issue 7
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 08:25:20 -0500

Paul wrote...

> Message: 29
> Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:18:10 -0700
> From: "Paul Pehrson" <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com>
> Subject: Using Acrobat 7 Processional and Acrobat Reader together
>
> Hello Techwrlers,
>
> I've got an interesting problem. I am using Acrobat 7 Professional.
> However,
> when I print from Acrobat 7 Professional, every image prints darker
than
> it
> should. (I asked for solutions to this particular problem back in
early
> September.)

I'm on digest, so this may have already been answered, and I won't see
it until tomorrow morning...

For the question of printing, I would suggest going into Acrobat
Professional's Preferences (_Edit_, _Preferences_ on Windows menu bar; I
believe it's _Acrobat_, _Preferences_ on the Mac menu bar but I'm not
100% certain), and look under the "Color Management" heading. There are
several sections to this screen including Color Management settings,
Working Spaces settings, and others. Look at your RGB (display
output--what you see on the screen) and your CMYK (print output--what
you see on paper) and verify that you have the best options selected
there.

For example, if your CMYK settings indicate you are set to print on
"coated" paper (shiny, smooth "poster-quality" paper) but you are
actually sending print jobs to plain old letterhead ("uncoated" paper)
it's likely that the colors will appear "wrong" because the ink or toner
is being adjusted for the media you're telling Acrobat Pro that you're
using.

> The easy solution was to print from Acrobat Reader (for some reason,
this
> solved the problem).

Perhaps check your color settings in Reader and compare them to those in
Acrobat Professional--if you set them the same, that might resolve the
issue you're seeing.

> This worked fine until today. Now I can't get Acrobat
> 7
> Professional to open. Only Acrobat Reader. Even when I open the
Acrobat 7
> Professional executable from within the Adobe Program Files.
>
> Any suggestions on how I can make Reader and Acrobat 7 Professional
play
> together on the playground (i.e. my computer)?

As for Acrobat 7 Professional not opening there are so many things that
could be that I would hesitate to attempt a diagnosis. If your company
is as sensitive about its computers and networks as mine, you'll
probably need to ask someone from IT / IS to resolve that issue. Good
luck!