RE: Article: Hiring Managers Reject More than Half of CandidatesBased on Web Postings

Subject: RE: Article: Hiring Managers Reject More than Half of CandidatesBased on Web Postings
From: "Robotti, Anne \(Carlin\)" <ARobotti -at- CarlinGroup -dot- com>
To: "Surag R" <suragtechwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:05:51 -0500

> Apart from the common names, what about the matter of identity theft?
> Posting articles/views in somebody else's name and a fake
> email id is very common. Nopes, you need not be a celebrity
> to be a victim of that. Anybody can become a target of a sick
> mind. Don't know whether the recruitment managers can filter
> such cases.

But that's all the *more* reason to proactively go out there and find
out what comes up under your name when you google. If there was
something like that out there about me, I'd bring it to the attention of
a hiring manager casually and just tell her what sites to look at that
are actually mine.

Peter, for example, could say, "I don't know what role Internet searches
play in your background research on candidates, but it's come up before
that there's a Peter Nielson under indictment for stealing money when he
was the mayor of Maine - that's not me. Of course his name comes up at
the TOP of the Google returns!" and smile.

Anne

Carlin Equities and its affiliates? (Carlin) e-mail systems are for business purposes only. Messages are not confidential. Authorized supervisors, compliance personnel, or internal auditors may review all e-mail. E-mail will be archived for at least three years and may be produced to regulatory agencies or others with a legal right to access such information. Carlin will not accept trade order instructions via e-mail. Please telephone your firm representative or the Order Room to place trade orders.

Please be advised that any discussion of U.S. tax matters contained within this communication, including any attachment, cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding U.S. tax-related penalties or promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.