RE: Too old, too discriminated against

Subject: RE: Too old, too discriminated against
From: "Paul Farley" <paul -at- farleytech -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:58:24 -0700

All of the traffic on this thread confuses me (a sure sign of aging) because
in my end of the tech pool, the single degree of separation rule applies.
People don't need to discriminate against you assuming you are old, or
white, or Republican. All they have to do is ask someone who you are.

So I'm inclined to attribute lack of getting jobs at least here in Silicon
Valley more to the fact that people know who I am - old, stubborn,
argumentative - than to ageism or other forms of discrimination.

All the more reason to remember that reputation is more important than age
but you have to have been around awhile to earn a reputation.

Paul