Re: FWD: Cutting a contract short

Subject: Re: FWD: Cutting a contract short
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:54:56 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not refering to the company or the agency. My response was to the
person who said leaving a contract was unethical. I only said that if
YOU give two weeks notice, yer being ethical. I for one tend to give
three weeks, but that's just me.

I will admit, though, that I've never been given less than two weeks
notice by an agency or company when a contract was
terminated....except for the one employee gig I had about two years
ago where I was led me out the door. Always expect the worst when
your boss asks to see you and someone from HR is already in his
office.

> I'll bet that the agency's contract has a clause that asks for two
> weeks notice. Comply with that and you are ethical.
>

>> In virtually every contract I've accepted through an agency,
>> there is a similar clause; however, I have found that the
>> larger the company, the less incentive there is to follow that
>> clause.
>> Twice, I've worked for a large, global tech company and twice
>> I've found

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."