AW: Attention-getters: Warning, caution, danger...

Subject: AW: Attention-getters: Warning, caution, danger...
From: Ratz Günter (CPTec GmbH) <ratz -at- cptec -dot- org>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:20:27 +0200

> > Here's a link that shows examples of the proper use of colors. They
> > also give basic information about the ANSI standard.
>
> > http://www.safetylabelsolutions.com/Standards/SLSTHE_1/slsthe_1.HTM
>
> Great link Tom. I had forgotten about that one.

Great link, yes.

However, content is outdated. It seems to refer to ANSI Z535-4:1998. Things have changed a bit since ANSI Z535-4:2002 - e.g. CAUTION with or without safety alert symbol.

My advice: Always use the original and actual ANSI Z535 standards for your own work.

BTW: Is there anyone in the US, who already has the new ANSI Z535:2006 standards?
For me in Europe it seems that the new edition is still unavailable...

Guenter