Re: Cases for telecommuting/working remotely

Subject: Re: Cases for telecommuting/working remotely
From: "Susan Hogarth" <hogarth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:17:44 -0400

On 8/17/06, Mike Schmidt <mschmidt -at- weathercentral -dot- tv> wrote:

As I type this, I'm hearing at least 4 other people talking to customers and it's terribly distracting. Some are talking loud, some are laughing, one's all tensed out... I need those trees.

I hear ya! At my last job, the PMs and the slaespeople drove the
publishing/writing people nuts with their eternal LOUD phone-calling.
Of course they have to do it, but it's stressful to listen to some of
those people (and you can't help it) when they are so stressed out
their voice is cracking...

But that was cube-land. Now I'm in place so small that my only
distraction is havign to pay attention to the phone, as when the
assistant is out (she's 1/6of the company) I need to pick up the
'phone.

Does anyone else have to answer phones? I don't mind, but it does
interupt a bit when you're engrossed in detail work...

--
Susan Hogarth
http://www.colliething.com