Re: "usability"?

Subject: Re: "usability"?
From: Lou Quillio <public -at- quillio -dot- com>
To: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:05:53 -0400

Geoff Hart wrote:
> In this case, the definition is clearly (according to the context you
> provided) "how to use it". That isn't the correct definition of
> usability in any dialect I'm familiar with

OMG, there goes "usability". It just happened. A year from now
you'll be reading the English-language manual for an Asian-made
consumer product, and the operating instructions -- the biggest
section -- will be headed "Usability". And nobody will think it's
weird but us and Jakob Nielsen.

Might as well pick a replacement term for "usability" now, cuz it's
about to be hijacked.

LQ