Re: Fun Word TOC question?

Subject: Re: Fun Word TOC question?
From: Keri Morgret <kerilists -at- morgret -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 06:59:07 -0700

One way I could think of is a kludge, but it'd probably work. Ditch the columns and use two-column tables with no visible borders. You can then put the heading above the table (or even in the table with a merged cell across the top) and put both the English and Spanish header on the same line, using tabs to make the header line up with the table columns. Don't know if it would work if the headings were in separate cells, but you could give that a try, too. You'd probably need to dink around with the tab stops in the TOC style.

YMMV - waking up after a night without enough sleep, so my apologies if this one doesn't work out in practice.

Keri Morgret

At 06:42 AM 8/11/2006, Geoff Hart wrote:

Brian asked for help producing multiple TOCs: <<The manual consists
of two columns per page, one side English, the other Spanish. I would
like the TOC to have both the Spanish and English on the same page -
and usefully readable. Does anyone know of an attractive, readable
way to do this in Word? Multiple TOCs? TOCs in tables?>>