RE: Reviewers who don't review

Subject: RE: Reviewers who don't review
From: "Ron Hearn" <RHearn -at- cucbc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 11:55:55 -0700

Sad but true.

ron

-----Original Message-----
From: techwr-l-bounces+rhearn=cucbc -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
[mailto:techwr-l-bounces+rhearn=cucbc -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On Behalf
Of Joe Malin
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 11:49 AM
To: Carrie Baker; TECHWR-L

Well, it's just a thought, but our managers aren't taking the time to
fight for it with managers in other departments. An individual
contributor (IC) shouldn't have to constantly fight for corporate-wide
goals with ICs from other departments. The managers, as a group, have to
be consistent about goals and priorities. As a tech writer, you need to
rely on your manager to push for accurate and timely reviews throughout
the company, so that your manager's peers and superiors carry on the
fight to their own personnel.

If the upper management isn't willing to do this, then you as an IC
won't get anywhere anyway. You can't force a software engineer to review
the manual if he or she knows they can skip it and get away with it.

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.