RE: Justified Text Problem

Subject: RE: Justified Text Problem
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:09:10 -0600

Kirk Turner wrote:

> In Word 2002, I have a paragraph of justified text that looks
> perfect except for one sentence that has spacing problems. Is
> there a way to align just that one sentence left, thus
> correcting the problem, without Word left-aligning the entire
> paragraph? Is there another way to achieve the same result?

Your paragraph is "perfect" except for one loose line, so your solution
is to make it left-aligned? Wouldn't the single unjustified line look
rather out of place, making the paragraph look even less "perfect"?

If it's that big a deal, play with the wording. In almost any paragraph
of text, you can add, subtract, or change some words without altering
the meaning.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs