Re: How to get PDFs to open in new window?

Subject: Re: How to get PDFs to open in new window?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:54:57 -0700

When you create a link with the Acrobat link tool, you are presented with the option of having the linked PDF open in the existing or a new window or to use the reader's user preference setting. If your links
are being generated from your authoring program, they will default to
the user preference setting. There are Acrobat plug-ins that will add
batch editing capabilities, but I've not found any "easy" way to do it with out-of-the-box Acrobat.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Potdar, Deepali" <deepali -at- bf -dot- umich -dot- edu>
We have many PDFs published within our LCMS. The first PDF you open within the Search Results doesn't have navigation buttons on top (and it is a given that this cannot be fixed right now). Since so many of our PDFs link to other PDFs, we want the "second" PDF (linked to from the first PDF) to open in a new window. This seems like it should be easy but we haven't been able to do it.