RE: Getting into technical writng

Subject: RE: Getting into technical writng
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: joep95 -at- comcast -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:13:50 -0400

Also, I forgot to mention that depending on what area you are looking at
getting into, a lot of charities and/or hospitals need writers and cannot
afford them. I had a friend break into it by doing some writing for a
hospitals community programs as a volunteer. It gave her experience and them
free writing.

Technical writing has a lot of variety to it, as I said my first gig was at
a Web Hosting agency, I have also worked for an Education company and now
work for a NATO contractor. That is part of what makes it such a fun field!

Melissa

From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: joep95 -at- comcast -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:09:19 -0400