Advantages of Context Sensitive Help (to persuade people to have)

Subject: Advantages of Context Sensitive Help (to persuade people to have)
From: "Carrie Baker" <carriebak -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:21:13 +0300

We have 2 sets of products in our company, with different teams of Product
managers.
One of the products has context sensitive help.
The other is newer and does not yet have context sensitive help.
I think Context sensitive help would be a good thing for this software
product, but the product managers really do not see any advantage in this
(this would be a new "feature" and take programming time, and QA time, both
of which they never have enough of.)
My boss wants me to give them a presentation to persuade them that an
application really should have context sensitive help.
Anyone got any good arguments that I could use?
(As far as they are concerned even documentation is just "nice to have" and
we were not told of major GUI changes).

--
Carrie Baker
carriebak -at- gmail -dot- com